The INOU ‘Building Futures’ LTI with award in Community Development, prepares participants for future roles as peer educators, trainers and mentors. The courses is for those experiencing or have experienced long-term unemployment and/or precarious work histories.
The primary aims of this LTI are as follows:
- Support participants to become effective communicators, trainers, peer supports, mentors, facilitators and community workers.
- Develop a participant’s expertise to use his/her own life experience effectively for training.
- Develop the capacities of local communities experiencing disadvantage through training unemployed people to become Trainers and Community Workers.
The course includes the following modules:
QQI Level 5
- Understanding Community Development
- Community Arts in Context and Practice
- Community Development Practice
- Personal Effectiveness
- Social Studies
- Work Experience
- Working with Groups
QQI Level 6
- Training, Delivery and Evaluation
This Local Training Initiative (LTI) is open to unemployed persons aged between over 18 and 35 years with no formal qualifications or incomplete secondary level qualifications. This does not exclude from consideration applications received from those aged over 35. A selection interview will apply.
QQI/FETAC Major award at Level 5 5M3050
For details on how to apply for the Building Futures initiative or if you would like more information please talk to us on 01-8560088 or email our training team at firstname.lastname@example.org