The aim of the course is to provide learners with the necessary skills and related knowledge in the area of Aircraft Structural Repair and to develop attitudes to enable them to obtain employment performing work as skilled Aircraft Structures Technician in the Aircraft Maintenance sector.
Learners must be over 18 educated to Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent and must possess good spatial and numerical ability and manual dexterity.
Note: All potential candidates are aptitude tested in these areas.
- Maths *
- Physics *
- Materials and Hardware *
- Maintenance Practices *
- Basic Aerodynamics *
- Air Legislation *
- Human Factors *
- Turbine Aeroplane Aerodynamics Structures and Systems
* The above modules are certified at EASA Category A Level.
Practical Skills Modules:
- Basic Metal Work Skills
- Aeronautical Sheetmetal – Basic and Advanced Level
- Composite Appreciation
- Special Fasteners Aeronautical
- Structural Repair
- Mixed Aeronautical
- Work Place Training (additional 12 weeks)