This course will provide the web development IT sectors with learners skilled in all basic aspects of front end development using:
- Hypertext Mark-up Language (XHTML/HTML5)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Responsive Web Design (RWD)
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
Learners will also gain experience in project management, working to deadlines, take and give direction and contribute to projects, along with creating their own online portfolio.
- Job Seeking Skills/CV
- Project Management
- Cross Browser Development/ Testing & Debugging
- Content Management System (CMS)
- Work Practice
Learners should be passionate about building web sites and testing them on multiple platforms as they will spend 8-12 weeks with a web development company at the end of the course with a view to gaining employment afterwards. An Interview and a computer based test are essential.
Junior Front End Web Developer in a Web Development company.
Further Education Options
Progression to a Third Level course in Web Development or Multimedia Development.