- Understand the key concepts relating to ICT, computers, devices and software as well as working effectively on the computer desktop using icons and windows.
- Learn how to adjust the main operating system settings and how to use the built-in help features; creating a simple document and printing an output, in addition to creating PowerPoint presentations, and learning to edit and modify these documents.
- Enable participants to apply different formats for documents to enhance them before distribution and recognizing good practice in choosing the appropriate formatting options.
- Enable participants to insert tables, images and drawn objects into documents and choosing built-in options such as the Help function within the application to enhance productivity.
- Enable participants to edit rows and columns in a worksheet. In addition, copying, moving, deleting and appropriately renaming worksheets.
- Enable participants to create mathematical and logical formulas using standard spreadsheet functions, using good practice in formula creation, and recognizing error values in formulas and understanding what a database is and how it is organized and operated.
- Enable participants to create a table, defining and modifying fields and their properties; entering and editing data in a table.
- Enable participants to use the web browser and managing browser settings, bookmarks, web outputs and understanding concepts of online communities, communications and e-mail.
- Enable participants to use appropriate web browser settings and understanding how to authenticate websites and browse the web securely and understanding communication security issues that can arise from using e-mail, social networks, voice over Internet protocol, instant messaging and mobile devices.
- Enable participants to backup and restore data to local and cloud storage sites, as well as delete and safely dispose of data.
- Course introduction
- Computer Essentials
- Online Essentials
- Documents (MS Word)
- Spreadsheets (MS Excel)
- Presentations (MS PowerPoint)
- Using Databases (MS Access)
- Online Collaboration
Wednesday & Thursday 6.30pm – 9.30pm commencing 06/09/2023 and running for 11 weeks
- Course introduction
- Computer essentials
- Word 2013
- Database – Access
- Online essentials
- IT security
- Applicants must have reached the current statutory school leaving age
- Course participants must have completed a Preparation for ICDL or an equivalent course which included basic computer skills and a good working knowledge of using the computer and Microsoft Word.
- Good numerical and literacy skills are essential
- Good written and verbal communications skills are desirable
Included in Course Fee